Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pasta e Fagioli

I made this last night and it was a hit so I thought I would share! :)   And for my fellow impatient cooks, I didn't let it simmer 1 hour, it was more like 20-30 minutes and it was still yummy! We only have enough leftover for lunch today so I will double it next time.
 
Pasta e Fagioli
 
 
1 pound ground beef
1-2 large carrot, julienned
3-4 stalks celery, sliced/chopped
1 can red kidney beans, with liquid
1 can great northern beans, with liquid
1 can tomato sauce
1-2 cans V8 juice
1 Tablespoon white vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 pound ditali pasta
 
Brown ground beef in large saucepan or pot over medium heat. Add carrot and celery. Saute 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients except for pasta and simmer 1 hour.
 
About 50 minutes into simmer time, cook pasta until al dente or slightly tough. Drain.
 
Add pasta to large pot of soup. Simmer 5-10 minutes and serve.
 
We serve with mozzarella on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment